Thursday, February 23, 2012

Youth Issues - Transitioning from a Teenager to an Adult with Hemophilia

I stumbled upon an old issue of Hemophilia World while looking around for stuff some days back. What made me stop and notice was my own picture on the cover. That picture brought back some good memories. It was the December 2010 issue and I could not resist opening and going through it again. This edition focused on many youth related issues, including the WFH President Mr. Mark Skinner stressing on youth awareness, education and engagement for persons with hemophilia.

However my favorite piece was a very informative article on youth issues written by Dr. Alison Street. She talked about the transition into adulthood, career choices and other challenges. It was a very interesting read. I recommend reading this article to any young person with hemophilia or another bleeding disorder. The WFH has put up this article on their website as well. Click here to read it on the website. You can also download the Hemophilia World December 2011 issue from the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment